Friday, March 28, 2014

Sleep Deprived But Lovin' Life!


Such a cute bird themed baby outfit my friend got for the baby. Now it just needs to warm up so she can wear it. At 3 weeks old she is already 12 lbs and wearing 3-6 month clothes.

We worked on our Spring theme continuing with baby animals.

Duck working on 3 part baby animal cards


Animal theme puzzle



We watched the Movie Holes on Netflix, it was a really good movie I can see why Falcon enjoyed the book so much here is the trailer.

Geography- Finland
     
Duck working on the flag
Finland is the country of the month for our homeschool group we watched:: A World Schlessinger media production on Finland as well as the Folktale : The Raspberry Worm. You can read the Folktale here but we watched a video on it.


Robin is working on an A-z book about Finland.



In My sleep deprived life:
Papabird went out of town on Wednesday so I am a single mom with 4 kids and a newborn.  At least he is only 6 hours away by car this time. in 3 weeks he will be on the other side of the world in Santiago for a week.Things were a bit challenging. baby was extra cranky most nights, we are working through some reflux and belly issues with her.  Robin was having sleep walking and night terror episodes. I have noticed she has them more often when Papabird is out of town. Owl was wandering the house at night just because he didn't want to sleep and wanted a drink of water. Every time these events happened I just got baby to sleep only to have her woke up by the other kids. ( we co-sleep.) So far this week I am extra sleep deprived so I am proud of what we got done.


I gained 33 lbs during my pregnancy and I am down 23 I have 10lbs more to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight and 10 more that I gained just before being pregnant. So I want to lose a total of 20lbs. I have never had much luck losing weight while nursing but hoping that is not the case this time around. I am chomping at the bit to get my butt back up and moving to get back into shape. So I started whole 30 this week as well. I pretty much eat that way anyhow now that I cannot have dairy because I am nursing.
 For those who do not know the rules of whole 30 Pretty simple, all fresh and nothing processed.

What I have been watching on Netflix during my all night parenting episodes.

Did I mention that I love life? I do every second of it. Life is busy. Life is Challenging but life is good!
Little Miss Canary, where she spends most of her day

1 comment:

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Oh man!! I wish you were closer, I would come and help you out (well, that is if bringing my prego self and 4 kids over would be a help). I hope your time as 'single momma' passes quickly and uneventfully. Love the birdy outfit!! It's adorable!