Friday, July 27, 2012

Homeschool Mothers Journal

I never know what to put in the In My Life This week category or the In my Homeschool Week. Since they mesh together so much sometimes it is hard to find the line that separates them

In my life this week…
We purchased Vinyl Siding and windows for the house.  I will post before and after pics in a few  weeks after they have completed the work. My dilemma now is so figure out how to remove the concrete steps the last owner put snug against the wood siding at the back door. We may just have to get a jack hammer and break them up, which would be a shame since they are  very nice steps.

I went to the theater by myself which was like a mini vacation and saw Magic Mike.An ex of mine from my  very early adulthood ( pre children ) was a male stripper up in Canada so I felt compelled to watch it. The movie brought me back to my younger days. it's funny though the only other people in the theater was myself a woman in her 40's and another woman in her 90's ( maybe mother daughter) it was at a 10;00 show on a Wed. though! I hate seeing movies on the weekends when it is busy.

Owl  my youngest bird turned 3!

In our homeschool this week…
Art- We worked on Picasso working with water colors, oil pastels, pencil, crayons and paint. I will be getting a detailed blog post up about it next week.

While doing school work outside we were visited be a butterfly that we ran around and chased, to pictures of and studied. She was very friendly she let the kids get within inches of her and landed on my arm a few times to check me out. So we ended up doing a whole nature study on the butterfly we identified it as an Eastern Comma.


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
The kids and I  cooled off and went to the theater to see

We found a HUGE new and used bookstore that just opened near us that offers books at a great price and it nicer than Barnes and  Nobles. This will defiantly be a store I could go bankrupt in. I am going to contact them to see if they would host a homeschool reading club during this school year. They would be  wise to do this I don't know of a homeschooler that doesn't just LOVE books an would quite possibly buy out the store each week!

My rant of the week…
The kids and I were at the mall and we walked into the family restroom room area and there was a 15-17 yr old boy standing there peeing in the toilet with the door wide open. I was mad! The men's restroom is just 6 feet down the hall, and seriously SHUT THE DOOR. As he walked out I stopped him and explained that his behavior was rude and inappropriate and that he should be using the men's restroom not the family restroom. I get so sick of seeing people who are not families taking advantage of the one restroom I can safely watch all my kids. The last 6 times I have been at the mall I have encountered this happening even by mall employees.I decide to file a complaint this week and went straight to  mall management. I am sure it won't do any good, they cannot control the behavior of others, but it did make me feel better.
We are reading…
I am still working through the 50 Shades of Grey books, I am now on book 3. I find each book even less interesting than the one before, wondering if I will make it through book 3 at all.

Falcon is reading Bridge to Teribitha (school literature unit I chose for him)

Owl and Duck have been pretending to ready Scooby Doo books to eachother.

Robin is still reading magic tree house book she at Hour of the Olympics now. She has also been reading many picture books from the library and some Charlie and Lola books, she loves those.

I am now on Book 3 of the 50 Shades of Grey series I find that each book I am less interested in reading.




A  quote to share…




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, you're doing better than I did! I could barely get through the first book in Shades of Grey. All the women are loving this series around here, but it's definitely not my "cup of tea". I'll stick to my mundane, unpopular reads! LOL