Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ok Mother Nature Lets Bring on Spring ...

Happenings in my life...
You know when you just put clean sheets on the bed and you are laying in it enjoying the clean smoothness of them? I was, then Owl comes down the hall crying and climbs into my bed. I let him stay, he was being so cute, all giggles and smiles. Well that didn't last, just as I dozed off I heard him vomit all over my clean sheets, then all over me! So we missed our Homeschool's Valentine party at Chuckie Cheeses, the kids were so bummed.

On Valentines morning the kids found hearts all over the table each had 1 special white heart that had a message written on white crayon on where to find a special gift I got them. They needed use water colors to decode them.

Falcons decoded heart

Falcon got some Lego guys, and a 3D bookmark.
Robin got a stuffed Mulan doll
Duck got an imaginext airplane
Owl got a stuffed Micky Mouse

They were thrilled, it was a lot of fun. For lunch the kids made their own personal heart pizza's I made the dough into hearts for them though gluten free dough is really hard to work with, it's very sticky.

Falcon had the week off
Duck and Owl worked on the letter C, the color yellow and trains we planned to visit a train station but since everyone was sick we may have to move that to next week.
The train themed letter number recognition creative play idea I had make sure you check out my blog post on it.
Robin is almost through with all off her Headsprout reading she is on lesson 71, only less than 10 more to go. She is reading so well now.
We also finished up American Girl Josefina book 2.
We continued our study of China and rain forests.
We only finished about 1/2 of what I had planned but pretty good considering I had sick kids.

I am reading


Falcon will also start reading this starting next week for health class that way he better understands why we do not eat gluten anymore.

Yummy gluten free Valentine heart pizzas.

Yummy Gluten free Paleo Lemon Coconut balls
I am DONE with winter! I had all these great books on snow and snowflakes studies but all winter we have only had 2 snowfalls that have actually stuck more than a few days. I am sick of seeing them on my shelf so we are now going to start spring activities. I so love spring everything so fresh and new. So I spent a lot of time this week requesting spring books and searching for spring activities.

Speaking of spring, if you would like to see some great spring activities and link your own old or new themed Spring posts head over to Spring Blog Carnival

6 comments:

MommyKuehner said...

Sorry everyone is not feeling well. Hope they are better soon. Love your ideas about the codes. Will have to do that with the kids.

Unknown said...

Oh, no! I was shaking my head reading it thought - SAME thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I think my son managed to get EVERY.PIECE.OF.BEDDING and himself...but somehow missed me! Phew! Dodged on there! I hope everyone is well now!

Traci's Teaching Times said...

Oh, I hope your little guy is feeling better. Sometimes our plans get shifted around when things like this come up. We just have to get done what we get done & be thankful for what we did accomplish.

Stefanie said...

Oh, bummer. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Popping in from HSMJ.

sunnymama said...

Hope you're all feeling better soon. Thanks for linking to our Spring Blog Carnival! :)

Becca said...

Well we have bulbs poking through their green leaves so it's definitely turning to Spring around here!