Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Good, Bad and the Crazy!

Some weeks are productive some are not. I am not even sure where this week falls, somewhere in the middle I suppose
IN my life this week...
We went to the zoo specifically to get my daughter a pink flamingo she saw there 2 weeks ago. I told here that if she helped around the house and studied all about flamingos then I would go back and buy it for her. Well she fulfilled her end of the bargain so we headed out one hour before closing. I have never been to the zoo this close to closing time but I will be doing it again. Parking was a breeze, it was empty and all the animals were very active some even enjoying their dinner. The hippos came right up to the glass, the baby elephant was running around, the wolves were eating right at the glass window. The lemur's were jumping around it was fun right up until I got very sick and needed to leave quickly thought I was going to pass out and was vomiting. So not fun to do in a public place with 4 kids running around the bathroom wanting to leave because they were bored.

After I was home and still feeling bad my 7 year old lab bit the 2 year old I thought I was going to have to take him to the ER meanwhile I am still vomiting and my husband is out of town AND I have no one to watch my kids I would have had to take them all. Fortunately the bleeding stopped and I stopped vomiting as well.

In my Homeschool week
My Son has been reading chapters from the American Girl book Felicity at lunch time. He is a VERY good reader, maybe even better than me. Having him listen to many books on CD over the years has really helped him become an awesome narrator. We are reading Felicity as a history study for my 5 yr old.



I bought her the Felicity paper dolls and we have been acting out scenes and discussing life in those times and what all the accessories are that the paper dolls came with. I have to play with them with her though because she cannot get the clothes on and off with out ripping them. Its a blessing in disguise because we sit and talk about all the history. She also went to an American Girl club in our homeschool group and they made coral bracelets and mob caps.

Our overall theme this week was fall and we are doing a state study on Georgia.

What is working for us...
Well for my son Teaching textbooks math this is our 2nd year using it and we love it. For my 5 year old I am loving LeapFrog Leapster Learning Game Mr. Pencil's Learn to Draw and Write. It has really helped her with her lowercase letters and overall drawing skills LOVE IT!


What am I reading...
NOTHING! My son However is reading ...


To go along with our ancient history.

What was I cooking...
Crustless pumpkin pie, so yummy and carrot bread.

4 comments:

Amy S said...

Hi from HMJ :) .... I loved reading about your Felicity stuff.. Paper dolls. I had forgotten about those. I used to have them when I was little. I loved playing with them! Hope you have an amazing weekend!

Unknown said...

Oh, well, sounds like part of the week was a bit rough for you! How's the little one doing? Are you feeling better?

But it sounds like a GREAT time at the zoo!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

MommyKuehner said...

Glad you are feeling better.

We will have to head to the zoo at this time also. The quieter the better for us.

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Oh wow! What a week!! I am glad that you started feeling better, and that your 2 yo is okay! Love the paper dolls :).