Thursday, August 25, 2011

Homeschool mothers journal-9

The Homeschool Mother's Journal



In my life this week…
My husband has finally decided to make some lifestyle changes to his diet so I am very very excited about this!

In our homeschool this week…
Very busy week working on lots of new things hoping to get some of our stuff posted that we are working on next week.

My favorite thing this week was…
Heading to a historical war site with the kids we all really had a good time.

What’s working/not working for us…
Whats working for us right now is headsprout for my 5 yr old paired with any video game she wants to play as soon as she complete an entire lesson. Now everyday she wakes up first thing asking for headsprout.

Our new system to keep track of school work.(pictures will be posted tomorrow with a new blog post about it)

Questions/thoughts I have…
I recall having a thought that I wanted to post here at the beginning of the week but just cannot remember it at all now!

A photo to share…

This was a fun lunch my 3 younger ones enjoyed ...steak, olives and watermelon in community bowls enjoying the beautiful weather outside with cocktail swords. My oldest was at the office with his dad that day using a sludge hammer to take down the last walls for the remodel.

9 comments:

flmom said...

I am LOL at the cocktail swords. That is right up my kindergartner's alley!

Anonymous said...

The historical war site sounds awesome! I pray your DH's diet changes go well:)

Unknown said...

You now - I think my OLDEST kids would like using "Cocktail Swords" to spear food from community bowls! We could use skewers! LOL

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

MommyKuehner said...

We stay away from anything sharp. You are Brave!!

We missed you Thursday, but had fun at the museum. Lydia and I are going back next week if we can. Lots of great stuff to look at! Glad your trip to the fort was fun!

Emmalee I. Hoggatt said...

I like the lunch! Its nice to have a little one on one time to.make some.memories

SarahinSC said...

Cocktail swords? LOVE it! How fancy!

Mama Bird said...

The swords were left over from our edible book festival we went to (I blogged about it in April or may) my son did the sword and the stone we used swords in gray frosted cupcakes. My kids still are talking about how fun it was to eat with swords so I guess I will be doing that again!

Nikki said...

All my kids would enjoy a lunch like that! It looks fun too!

Jenny said...

Community bowls with swords is a great way to enjoy a meal together. My 6 year old son does really well with a learning show or video game in between lessons.